Bergen Church Vision, Mission, Values, and Strategy
God will be glorified and lives transformed – by our prayer, care, and sharing His Truth.
Sharing the gospel and equipping disciples, to become more like Jesus, who transform their communities and the world for the Kingdom of God
(one person at a time)
5 Core Values
- Personal Relationship With God
Personal Relationship With God
Romans 5:11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus has made us friends of God.
- Prayerfully including God in our daily lives
- Studying and meditating His word
- Knowing and doing His will
Romans 12:13 When Gods people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality
- Making others feel comfortable and at home
- Receiving outsiders and changing them from strangers to guests
- Genuine people caring for their neighbours
Romans 1:12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, and I also want to be encouraged by yours.
- People connecting with people
- Praying, worshiping, eating, laughing, and serving together
- Inviting others to follow Jesus and encouraging one another to a deeper commitment
Ephesians 4:2 Being patient with each other making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.
- Valuing everyone’s unique way of contributing
- Building on strengths and compensating for weaknesses
- Honoring the absent
Luke 19:11-27 …Well done my good and faithful servant…
- Contributing more than we consume
- Planning and thinking ahead
- Grateful and responsible use of God’s gifts
- Missionary Mindset
- Relational Intentionality
- Prayerful Dependence
- Vibrant Leadership
Simple Church, Tom S Reiner & Eric Geiger Returning to God’s Process For Making Disciples
- Churches with a simple process for reaching and maturing people are expanding the kingdom. Church leaders who have designed a simple process to make disciples are effectively advancing the movement of the gospel.
- While God never changes, He has chosen to work through a divine process.
- Simple churches have chosen to align themselves with the way God works. They have chosen to partner with the discipleship process revealed in scripture.
- The goal is to partner with God to move people through the stages of spiritual growth. Changed lives are the bottom line, the intended end result. Christ formed in people is the goal.
A simple language to describe what following Jesus looks like.
These seven markers characterize a follower of Jesus whether they are just starting out or have been on that journey for a lifetime. None of them stand alone; each are interdependent on the others as the strands of a rope combine to form one strong cord.
|I have begun following Jesus, and am depending on the Spirit of Jesus in my journey.|
|I am being sent by Jesus to bless others and invite them to follow Him.|
|I am becoming like Jesus in my attitudes, behaviours, and character.|
|I am learning to love God and love others.|
|I am learning the teachings of Jesus.|
|I am helping someone and someone is helping me to be a reproducing follower of Jesus.|
|I am participating in a community of followers of Jesus on mission to the world.|